Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Makeover of Storage Bins!

I am all about organization in my life, so naturally I have tons of storage bins.  I use them for anything from storing cosmetics to tools.  I have a set of storage bins that I purchased at two different times from Dollar General for $3 a piece.  I would like to display them in my bathroom once I move into an apartment, so I decided to give them a much needed makeover. 

Here is the before: 
 
 Not the prettiest thing to look at, right? It just so happens that I found the perfect fabric to cover these bins while browsing at Walmart a few days ago.  You can see it hiding underneath the bins in the above picture.  Today, I went and purchased 2 1/2 yds. of the lovely floral print, and I got to work. 

I didn't really follow any kind of tutorial, because I have done projects like this before.  Let me tell you, it is a very time consuming process, and I burned myself with my hot glue gun I don't know how many times. The project took me a couple of hours to complete in total because of all the measuring, cutting, and gluing.  So much gluing!  But, the finished product was completely worth it.

Here is the after:


I absolutely love how they turned out, and I am so happy that they are a matching pair now!   There is just something about pretty storage that I just can't get enough of.

 Here is a close up of the front next to a close up of the side: 


Thanks for reading!  I had so much fun doing this project, and I hope you all are working on some fun projects as well.  Happy crafting!  Don't forget to leave me a comment or ask me any questions below.

You can follow me on my Pinterest here:  Owl Enthusiast

Love, 

No comments:

Post a Comment